KEMSI are hiring!
Interior Architect / Designer
KEMSI are hiring a mid-weight interior architect/designer to join its expanding team in North London. The successful candidate will have experience working within a small but busy team in the high-end residential design and build sector. We require a minimum of 3 years work experience in a relatable role.
Who you'll work for...
KEMSI are a London-based creative interior architecture and design studio. We are a small close-knit, fast-growing, collaborative and creative team working on exciting projects in the residential and hospitality sector in the UK and overseas.
We’re looking for a talented and detail-orientated mid-weight interior architect/designer who thrives within a small team and faces every challenge with enthusiasm and dedication to bring a project from ideation to completion. You will work closely with the directors and other team members to produce design solutions which inspire and push boundaries. You will assist in producing pitches, design concepts, detailed drawing packages, material specifications and FF&E, working across all project stages. You will also take responsibility of preparing high quality and well thought out design documentation for key stakeholders.
Applicants should be confident with the interior design process from design development, drawing package production, materials research and selection, through to production and installation, with site experience being an advantage. Within the studio, we utilise multiple tools & programmes so knowledge of AutoCAD and SketchUp along with InDesign and Photoshop is a must.
• At least 3 years experience, predominantly in the residential sector - experience working within a small busy team, and keen to get involved in all parts of the business.
• A good working knowledge of interior construction and refurbishment projects.
• Develop detail design drawing packages (sections and detailed interior elevations, bespoke furniture, lighting, joinery, layouts) and schedules.
• AutoCAD and Sketch-UP fluency is a must.
• Taking full detailed surveys of existing buildings (smaller projects).
• FF&E detailed drawings.
• Experience with Adobe InDesign essential, Photoshop and Illustrator an advantage.
• Proficiency in Enscape or any other rendering programs is desirable but not essential.
• Experience running projects including designing, managing and delivering projects from initial concepts through to completion.
• A highly creative approach and mindset.
• Self-motivated, positive and an excellent team player.
• Thrives in a fast-paced dynamic, creative environment with ability to multi-task and prioritise work to tight deadlines.
• Confident communicator and all-round problem-solver.
• Knowledge and enthusiasm for current interior design trends, lighting materials, finishes and furniture.
• Understanding and experience of RIBA stages 1-5.
• Bachelor’s degree in interior design/interior architecture
• Eligibility to work in the UK.
• AutoCAD, SketchUp (Enscape – desirable)
• Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, In-Design, Acrobat)
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Please send a copy of your CV and portfolio of work to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your salary expectations.